Jesse Hislop


We are excited to be featuring stunning Jesse Hislop at Stunning Men with photography by Jesse O'Leary


Jesse is a sexy 22 year old Australian model from Perth, Western Australia, but originally from Tasmania and is represented by CSA Models







Jesse was an active kid, playing soccer and enjoying running, until he discovered online games! But in his mid teens Jesse started practising taekwondo and gymnastics.





A fun down-to-earth young man, Jesse's other passions include acting and his big dream would be to land a part in a TV series. He is aware that this will take lots of hard work, but like with training and working out, Jesse is totally dedicated.







 Our warm thanks to Jesse for accepting our invitation to be featured and for doing the interview with us




Make sure to check CSA Models on facebook and discover many more of their stunning models

 

 All photographic copyrights to Jesse O'Leary


Jesse's vital statistics
Height: 5'10.5"
Weight: 163lbs
Chest: 38"
Waist: 30"
Eye colour: blue
Hair colour: brown

 

Here's Jesse's interview in full


Jesse, welcome to Stunning Men and a big thank you for taking the time to do the interview. You are from Perth, Western Australia ...
I am currently living in a suburb named Bentley, a few kilometres out of Perth city. I moved over to Western Australia from Tasmania at age 8.



First thing first ... how did you get into modelling?

Funny story that … I didn’t go looking for modelling at all, I was approached and asked to consider doing a portfolio shoot for the agency I’m currently with. I received a friend request from someone on Facebook who was mutual friends with a friend of mine, we talked and yeah, he asked if I would be interested in doing a shoot, so I asked my friend if he knew the guy and he said yes. I honestly found it quite funny, being asked to consider doing a shoot. I kept thinking “Me? Are you serious? Me?”



What do you think is the most fulfilling thing about modelling?

It’s mostly about getting out my comfort zone at the moment. I’m pushing myself in different ways, especially this year, this happens to be one of the things that I definitely was not comfortable with at first. It took a lot of convincing to do the photoshoot. Breaking out of the comfort zone is what I’m finding fulfilling at the moment.



How comfortable are you in showing off your physique in a shoot?

I’m slowly getting more comfortable with it. I do, in all honestly, have to pull on my acting skills a little to get some of the so called ‘sexy’ shots. If you see a photo of me attempting to look sexy it’s almost a guarantee that a few seconds after the photo was taken I started laughing, I find it rather funny trying to take those particular types of shots.



You are looking amazing. How on earth did you get into such shape?

Thank you! This is the first time I’ve really got for a ‘cut’. By that I mean slimming down and trying to rip the fat off, especially around the core area. It involves a much higher level of cardio and clean eating.



When did your passion for fitness start?

I was into running and soccer as a kid, but as I became a teenager I started throwing all of my time into games. Online games specially. Yes I’m talking about games like Runescape, at first, then later World of Warcraft. Many hours were spent on Warcraft. Once I hit about 16 or 17 I discovered a sport called Tricking. That’s where my passion really showed up. It involves a lot of flips, kicks, like taekwondo, gymnastic, and break dancing elements. It mainly originated in the martial arts world, hence the taekwondo. It’s a rather extreme sport. I started dedicating all of my time outside of school and work to Tricking. It honestly became a huge part of me. Unfortunately I tore my Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) twice. First in 2013 then again in 2015. The second time really did a number on me mentally. It took until late 2016 to really start getting my mind right. There was also weight lifting during this time. In school I was the skinniest kid of the skinniest kids. I hated it. I felt so gross and weak. At 17 I weighed about 60kg (132lbs) at 179cm tall (5’11.5). So I trained hard, ate lots of food, lifted heavy, and made my way up to 78kg (172lbs). It took a long time but I don’t care. I feel amazing for it. It really changes your perception of yourself, once you realise how you can influence your body with hard work and dedication.



What keeps you determined and driven to work out?

I find it much easier to work out when I have a specific goal in mind. Like a photoshoot or something like that. But not taking care of myself if something I very much want to avoid. So even if I don’t have a specific goal in mind, I’ll still train hard. I think long term, I want to keep building my body. I definitely haven’t reached my peak yet. I want to be the best I can be. Mentally and physically. To me, it shows mental dedication and drive. And the discipline manifests itself in your physique.



What is your diet like?

If I’m not training for a shoot I tend to relax it a little. Greek honey yoghurt is being devoured by the tubful at the moment. A combination of yoghurt, muesli with nut mix, peanut butter, and a scoop of protein goes down beautifully. I don’t tend to stuff myself with really bad take away, but I do eat out every now and then. Nando’s chicken is a personal favourite.



And when you are trying to cut?

Then I’ll go for a max of 3 meals a day. Breakfast is oats with honey, cinnamon, linseed, cookies and cream protein powder, lunch is chicken with spinach, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, carrot, dinner is chicken with steamed vegetables. Not particularly fun foods! The day before the shoot I stop drinking water to dehydrate. It’s not very healthy but it leans you up that extra bit by getting rid of the water weight in your body. As this was the first time doing it, it was very much a learning experience. The next time I do it I will extend the dehydration for up to an extra 10 hours. 



If you had a cheat day, what would be your favourite food?

Pizza. No doubt. Pizza is so incredible. After a hard leg day at the gym a pizza is a beautiful, beautiful thing.



Can you share your fitness regimen with us?

I start with HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training), I use a skipping rope at present, 5 minutes of 40 seconds of skipping at a fast pace and 20 seconds rest. If I stuff up while skipping I’ll give myself a penalty, 45 seconds skipping and 15 seconds rest instead. I’ll do this a minimum of 3 times (15 minutes) and in between each 5 minute interval I’ll incorporate pullups, leg raises, side bends, muscle ups on gymnastic rings, dips, etc.



And what’s the best form of cardio for you?

At the moment skipping and anything that involves something I can make a circuit with. I can’t run on a treadmill; it’s incredibly boring. Sometimes I’ll start a set with a backflip and then proceed to skipping just to keep it varied and interesting.



Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?

That depends on the person I’m on the date with as to whether or not I’m a good date I suppose (Jesse laughs). I thrive on connection. I love stimulating conversation, talking about life and everything that comes with it. Dreams, fears, failures, struggles, ambitions, goals. All the real stuff, you know? I don’t really like small talk or being fake, I prefer to just say it how it is. I suppose I’d almost be considered a little ‘old fashioned’, but without a good connection I’ll lose interest. Intellect and humour are really important to me, along with constantly striving for goals and dreams. I think there’s a lot more to a person then simply their looks. A woman could be amazingly beautiful but if she has no drive for anything or has a terrible personality then it’s quite likely I’ll lose interest. That’s sounds so mean, I’m sorry! But that’s just how I am.



Your favourite song or piece of music to play while training or running?

Definitely. I go to the heavier end of my playlist for training. I love artists like John Mayer, but he simply isn’t going to cut it when you need to lift some heavy ass weights! Old school Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Skillet, ACDC, Rammstein, those sorts of bands. Sometimes even film scores by composers such as Hans Zimmer are great as well. My current favourite song is ‘Helden’ my Apocalyptica. It’s a cover of a David Bowie song named ‘Heroes’. The song is sung entirely in German by Till Lindemann, the frontman of Rammstein. It gives me chills every time. It’s a beautiful song, and great to train to.



Do you have any other passions besides fitness?

Acting mainly has become one of my big passions this year. I’ve been fortunate enough to have done multiple projects already. I do like a bit of film editing and visual FX editing as well, there’s just so many possibilities!



What can’t you live without?

Food and water! (Jesse laughs again) Sorry.

Honestly probably the internet, it’s become a huge part of modern day life. Having said that, a holiday away where there’s no contact with anyone is definitely something I wouldn’t say no to.



Could you finish these two sentences for us? You wouldn’t know, but I’m very good at …

… pulling really really weird faces. I’m not on Jim Carey’s level, but who knows, maybe one day!



Now ... I’m just not very good at …

… getting out of bed when my alarm goes off, I’ve been working full time for about 4 years and I keep telling myself I’ll get out of bed on time tomorrow, but that never happens.



One last question Jesse, what is your big dream?

Now that’s a question!

I’d love to see where acting takes me. It would be amazing to get onto a TV series or feature film in somewhere like America or Canada. That’s probably the ultimate. There will be a huge amount of work to do for that to be even possible. I certainly believe in the power of hard work however and am more than prepared to give it everything I’ve got to make that happen!



Jesse, it has been a real pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being such good sport. All the best for the future.

Comments