Justin W



 

Stunning Justin is a 19 year old model. He currently lives in Perth, Western Australia but is originally from South Africa.










 Justin has an amazing physique at his young age and stunning looks. He is fairly new to modelling but he has already done some work and most recently with Steve Green.











Justin is an active young guy who loves surfing, skating and wakeboarding. 










Justin has the kind of physique which is suitable both for fitness - love his abs - and fashion modelling.











We are really excited to be able to feature Justin at Stunning Men and thank him for doing the interview with us.











All photographic copyrights to Steve Green @ Glamshot photography


Vital statistics:
Height: 5'10"
Weight: 70kg
Waist: 75cm
Chest: 101cm
 Eye colour: Blue
Hair colour: dirty blonde 


Justin's full interview



Justin, a warm welcome to Stunning Men and many thanks for taking the time to do the interview.

Could we start off with talking a little about yourself and your background? You live in Perth, Western Australia ...

Yeah I’ve lived here in Perth for almost 13 years now, but I was actually born in South Africa. I was born in a city called Durban and then lived in Port Elizabeth for a couple years before moving here. Bit hard leaving all my friends but it was definitely worth it in the long run.



How did you get into modelling? Is it something you always wanted to do?

I never really had any ambition to do modelling. I was signed up for a workshop with a smaller agency about a year ago and they talked me up a lot. I did some work with them for a while but they just weren’t getting me the work. I was actually about to quit completely when I thought I’d try working with CSA. I’ve started to get a bit more work now and I’m getting back into it again. Guess we’ll see how I go over the next 6 months or so.


What do you enjoy the most about it?
Gotta be honest with you here mate. The best thing about it has got to be the pay. I used to simply enjoy doing it but after just being used again and again, the fun isn’t really there anymore. Maybe that’ll change now that I’m with CSA.

How was your first shoot with Steve Green from Glamshot?
Yeah it was pretty cool. A lot more body stuff than I’d done in the past. I’m used to doing much more fashion modelling, but other than that he’s a great photographer and we worked well together.

How do you prepare before a photoshoot?
I treat a photoshoot just like any professional bodybuilder treats a competition. If anyone knows how to get their muscles looking fullest and body fat lowest, it’s definitely those guys. The planning actually starts about 4-6 weeks out from the shoot. I don’t believe in low carb diets. People don’t always realise that losing weight doesn’t necessarily mean losing fat. In the last week out from the shoot I start to drop my sodium intake down to almost none, and I drink a lot more water to flush out as much as possible. Then about two hours out from the shoot I spike it with a high sodium (2000mg) snack, with about 60g of carbs, and 30g of fats. For me this was medium packets of McDonalds French fries with added salt. Bet you haven’t heard of anyone doing that before! No water on the day of the shoot, after from a sip to wet my mouth.

What’s the best advice you were given about modelling, if any?
Confidence. Confidence, confidence and more confidence. I try to listen to what the photographer says and try image what he is seeing so that I can adjust my pose to try achieve what he had in mind, but the main thing is just be confident. Try different poses. After the shot is taken, try something else, keep moving. If the photographer doesn’t like it he’ll tell you.

Do you consider yourself a fashionista? And what do you like wearing when you are not working as a model?
(Justin laughs) I would’ve considered myself a fashionista 4 months ago. Nowadays I only dress up to look good when I go out to a party or out clubbing. Comfort over style in my opinion. Can’t beat a good pair of trackies on those days off.

You have a stunning physique, especially at such young age. How do you keep in shape and healthy? Do you do any sport?
Thank you very much. I workout 5-6 days a week in the gym. 45-60mins of weight training, followed by 20-45mins of cardio. I was never a big fan of sports while growing up. I used to do swimming for a while but never really took it seriously. I guess having moved from South Africa I never really developed a sporting identity. 

What are your top three favourite exercises at the gym?
It’s hard to name just three. I enjoy every single workout and its almost just as hard to name three exercises I don’t like! In saying that, if I had to pick my three favourite it would be;
Cross body hammer curls;
Tricep extensions with the rope; and
Wide grip t-bar rows.

What’s the best form of cardio for you?
I only do cardio to keep my heart and lungs healthy. I believe if you get your nutrition right you shouldn’t have to do cardio to have an excellent physique. My daily cardio consists of 20-30mins of moderate pace walking on the treadmill with max incline. I also throw in some sprints once a week.

How do you keep motivated?
I track my progress. Taking selfies in the mirror isn’t just restricted to teen girls. When you look at the difference over a two month period it really inspires you to keep going. I went through a stage where I struggled to get to sleep because I was just so excited to get up the next day and hit the gym. Every night I felt like an 8 year old kid on Christmas eve. Another great way to stay motivated is by stopping training for a week every 12 weeks or so. After about 5 days without going to the gym I’m so keen to get back into it when I do start again my motivation is though the roof!

Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
Top two role models are definitely the one and only Zyzz, and the up and coming Jeff Seid. Both of them have achieved what I see as the perfect physique. Zyzz inspired not just a generation, but an entire era of fitness fanatics. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not just another Zyzz wannabe. I’m my own person and I’m out to find my own identity in life. It frustrates me when some people seem to just follow in his footsteps and never live their own life.

What do you do in your free time?
I surf, skate, wakeboard, watch tv. Nothing special I guess. My life is pretty dominated by my commitment to my nutrition. So I don’t always have a lot of free time.

Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
Boxer-briefs mate. Way more comfortable.

What do you listen to on your iPod?
Music!

Ha ha! Very funny ... what’s your favourite song/piece of music to play while running?
TZU – Beautiful and
Eminem – Till I Collapse
No other songs get me pumped up like they do. Although if I listen to them while running I can guarantee you I’ll be bent over the toilet 10mins later trying to hold down my pre-workout shake!

What kind of movies do you like?
I like movies that make you think. The ones that make everybody else turn and ask, “what the hell is going on?” I also love it when movies have a crazy twist right at the end.

One last question Justin, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
I have no idea mate. I can’t even decide what I want to do after uni. I just hope I’m either out there in the world living my life to the fullest or I’m in a nice peaceful home with the girl of my dreams and a beautiful child in my arms.

Justin, it has been a real pleasure to interview you! Thank you for your time and for being such good sport. Best of luck for the future!
No worries mate. You too! Glad I could help out.



Comments