Brandon Schinaman

Rick Day
Click on the photographers' name for more of their work

Stunning Brandon Schinaman is a 22 year old aspiring model and actor from Cincinnati, Ohio who has moved to LA, California to pursue his goal of becoming a known actor.

 

Rick Day

 







 

Brandon has been doing some modelling along the way and his gorgeous looks and stunning physique are definitely a great asset.

 

Sean Hernandez

 




 

He has just launched his own website where you can get more information about his acting and modelling careers and look through more of his work.
You can also follow Brandon on twitter







One of Brandon’s favourite quotes is “The only place where success comes before work is inside the dictionary” and this exemplifies his outlook on his life and career.






Brandon also tells us that he works hard and plays hard in LA.









We are honoured and thrilled to feature him at Stunning Men and grateful for him to do the interview.


Vital statistics:
Height: 5’10”
Weight: 166lbs
Chest: 41”
Waist: 32”
Eye colour: Brown
Hair colour: Brown


Check Brandon’s ModelMayhem profile too! 

Brandon's full interview


Welcome to Stunning Men Brandon and many thanks for doing this interview.
You are pursuing a career as an actor and model. How did you get into modelling? Is it something you always wanted to do?
I was really encouraged by a lot of outside people in my life as well as close friends and family to give it a shot. I owe the most credit to my boy Mark Hill.  He really pushed me in the right direction with the BIZ.

What about the acting; is a career as an actor your ultimate goal?
Acting was something I wanted to do for the longest; it was slowly building up inside me and I finally gave into my desire to move to LA and gave up a great woman I was with at the time, my family, my apartment, and my career I had at the time, and drove to sunny Californ-ia.

What do you enjoy the most about modelling?
Showing off my hard work (Brandon laughs) Um, with modelling it’s about creating a great end result with the photographer.  I like to see the photographer happy with the result of my doing.

Have you done any runway work?
Yes. Pretty cool.

What advice would you give a new model?
Network! You don’t need an agent to be called a model.  It’s all about creating a fan base and a “buzz” gets people talking about you.  Good/bad … If you have people talking about you, then your doing something right and you’re making a name … Just try and make sure it’s a “good type of image” that you are coming off as. AND ALWAYS BE DRESSED TO TURN HEADS, YOU NEVER KNOW WHO YOU MEET ONE DAY OR WHO WILL SEE YOU. Be prepared so that you DON’T have to prepare. And make everyone fall in love with you.

How does fitness modelling compare to fashion modelling?
Fitness is all about what you look like. Fashion you have to create a “feeling” or “emotion” they want to see it brought to life.  Basically in fitness you’re marketing yourself in the image.  In fashion you’re marketing the product.  FITNESS - YOU ARE THE PRODUCT.

Do you think male models have the same exposure as female models? Or is it still a female dominated industry?
Everyone has an equal opportunity, you just have to be what they are specifically looking for at the time.  A model’s career is extremely short lived unless you’re Tyson.  But females will always have more “hype” surrounding them.

How do you prepare before a photoshoot?
If my shoot is in the morning or midday I do not eat that day or drink anything.  I hydrate my body the day before by drinking at least 2 gallons of water. I workout the day before and do calisthenics the day of the shoot. I get myself in the mood I need to be in for that day in order to properly create the end result.

You have a stunning physique. How do you keep in shape and healthy?
The question I get asked the most is what do I do? Well it’s all about eating the right food. NOT DIETING ... I don’t believe in dieting, because when people diet a certain way, they are excluding and depriving their bodies of certain things THAT IT NEEDS! You just have to watch what you eat, EAT SMART SO YOU CAN BE SMART. Weightlifting burns more calories-fat as opposed to cardio, do lots of weightlifting.  Cardio 1-2 times a week.  For cardio I do sprints on the beach, I run the sand dunes and also sprints up Runyon Canyon in Hollywood.  I do not do that much cardio or ab workouts. Never focus on JUST your abs, instead focus on your entire core. I never run on pavement, always awkward surfaces or steep inclines.  The only CORE exercises I really do anymore are hanging leg ups/sweeps/tucks and windshield wipers.  Lots of leg lifts.  For my full workout and training routine, you have to come find me and we can talk it out. I trained several of my friends and helped them reach their fitness goals.

How do you fit fitness and modelling into your life? Is it a difficult thing to achieve?
I’m to the point, if I don’t workout then I feel like my day was wasted.  My brain really thinks I messed up my whole day because I didn’t work out.  So that’s why I never miss a day.  It’s that important in my life to not be an issue of NOT fitting it in.

What are your top three favourite exercises and why?
Pushups on a stability ball.  Except I am on my toes, and as I lower into a pushup I swing one leg out so I am squeezing my obliques, keeping one foot on the ball and the other straight leg outwards, and as I come up my leg goes back on the ball.  REPEAT FOR BOTH SIDES.

Handstand pushups!  That is a complete body workout it’s a so dynamic.  Engages your core tremendously and your whole upper body.  SO INTENSE.

My last is a circuit I do where I complete 4 core exercises, for a total of 280 reps in under a minute, sitting on my butt wit my feet int the air, and back and head off the floor, hands to the ceiling.

What’s the best form of cardio for you?
Beach sprints.  At the gym is the elliptical or jumprope.  ANYTHING BUT THE TREADMILL.

How do you approach a challenge?
Head on, and without a care in the world, worry free. But also confident, knowing that I WILL overcome whatever challenge it is..

What do you like wearing when you are not working as a model?
My favourite jeans to wear are G-STAR RAW.  I like wearing plain V-necks,  anything that show off my body well.

What do you do in your down time?
Beach living type activities.  Jet ski, kayak, swimming, work on my business venture.  Enjoy life and experience as many new things as possible.  When I do have free time I use it to get reorganised at home, and go out with friends or maybe a lady if there is one in my life at that time.

Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
My parents and Mark Wahlberg, and Diddy

Your website brandonschinaman.com is now up and running. What can we expect to find in it?
All my work with previous photographers as well as a store to purchase autographed photos.  Stay up to date with what’s going on with me, as well as upcoming projects.

Now a few quick fun questions if you are game ... Do you think you are a good date?
Very good date. I am a romantic.  I treat all women well as long as they come off as deserving that … They have to love themselves in order for me to spread some of my love (Brandon laughs).

Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
Boxer briefs.

What do you listen to on your iPod?
Drake can get the vibes going if I am feeling kind of chilled at the moment, Rick Ross to get the blood flowing for a workout and some Kanye if I feel inspired.

What kind of movies do you like?
Every kind. Looking forward to TED™

What three words describe you best?
Funny/goofy
Carefree
Hardworking

That’s four! LOL. One last question Brandon where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
10 years I WILL have several movies out, several campaigns completed.  As well as to have the business up and running that me and my friend started.

Brandon, thank you so much for taking the time to answer our questions. It has been a real pleasure to interview you. All the best for the future!

Comments