Kieran Jones


Stunning Kieran Jones is a 20 year old fitness model from Liverpool, England, UK.

Click on the photographers' names to see more of their work









 Kieran is fairly new to modelling but he already has several shoots under his belt, including two with amazing fitness photographer Simon Barnes of Hotsnapz. He has lots of self confidence and his maturity and work ethic at such young age are inspirational.








 At only 20, this friendly guy is totally dedicated to his fitness training and focussed on his goals. He will always put 100% in everything he does and his amazing physique can vouch for that! You don't see an 8-pack on a 20 year old guy that often!






 Stunning Men are thrilled to welcome him among all those magnificent models and we are grateful to Kieran for doing the interview with us.










Vital statistics:
Height: 5’8”
 Weight: 168lbs
Waist: 30"
Chest: 39”
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour: light brown
Skin colour: tanned




Don’t forget to check Kerian’s ModelMayhem page , his facebook modelling profile and his Fit Body Promotions profile!

Please ‘like’ Fit Body Promotions on Facebook.

 Here's Kieran's full interview

Kieran, a warm welcome to Stunning Men and many thanks for taking the time to do the interview.
Thank you for the opportunity. I haven't seen anything like this before but I think it’s great!

Could we start off with talking a little about yourself and your background? You are from Liverpool, England, right?
Well I'm originally from West Cumbria aka - The Lake District, but I live near Liverpool as I'm studying Sport and Exercise Science at Edge Hill University. Actually I have just completed my second out of three years, and I'm not looking forward to leaving next year!

Why is that?
Basically because I know that the time I'm having now could very well be the best time of my life. I mean I have no worries at all. I'm living in a house with my best mates, I am able to attend the gym 6 days a week without sacrificing too much, I don't have to work, I don't have to worry about bills or if my next wage is going to be enough. I also have the opportunity to go to as many parties as I want when I want and apart from the academic work, studying Sport and Exercise Science is only going to improve my training and knowledge. Who can do all that and work 9 - 5 everyday?

At only 20, you have a stunning physique. How do you keep in top shape and keep healthy? Do you do any sport?
I used to do athletics (100m/200m) and rugby league before I came to university so I was always in decent shape and when I came to university I took up Rugby League again. It’s only this year that I have taken working out serious. I made the hard choice of retiring from the Uni team to concentrate on working out and hitting the gym up to 6 days a week. This along with a clean diet and good rest keeps me in top shape all year round. 

So, no going out with your mates and paint the town red?
On occasions I will go out and have a good drink with the lads, but only if I haven't got anything planned within the next 6 - 8 weeks or so. As much as I love working out, I love a good session with the lads, however I will never let the typical student lifestyle take over my training. It would be stupid of me if I did. 

What’s your gym/training routine like?
Now that I have finished Uni for the year, I have LOTS of time on my hands, so I have actually just changed my weekly routine this week to try to bring on the areas I think I'm lacking:

Monday – Chest, Biceps and Calves
Tuesday – Shoulders and Triceps
Wednesday – Legs
Thursday – Back
Friday – Biceps and Triceps
Saturday – Cardio, Abs and Calves
Sunday - Rest

How do you keep motivated?
The thing that keeps me motivated is basically me not wanting to be an 'average Joe' as I call them. Just a regular guy like everybody else. I want to make something of myself and I know by lifting that extra 2kg or pushing that extra rep out each week, that it’s one more step closer to being that person. Also it’s the only thing I have ever really been good at (apart from athletics). When people ask me what talents I have and I have to say 'going the gym', as stupid as it sounds, but I can’t sing, I can’t dance (what so ever - laughs) so as it’s the only thing I'm good at I need to make the most of it.

How do you fit bodybuilding and fitness into your life? Is it a difficult thing to achieve?
Yeah it is pretty difficult, especially being a student. There are distractions left, right and centre. I could go to a party every night if I wanted to, so being dedicated and not giving in to the temptation is really hard, sometimes too hard (another laugh), not to mention the academic aspect of things. As much as I love working out I believe education has to come first so if I have to spend hours and hours in the library and miss a workout I will, but I will definitely make up for it when I don't have work!

How do you approach a challenge?
It doesn't matter what challenge it is, I will always give my 100% effort and no less. If I fail I'll try again and if I fail again I'll keep on trying until I'm happy with the outcome.

What do you eat in a normal day?
The downside of being a student is I have to budget when spending money on food but an average day would look something like this:
Muesli and protein shake
5 egg omelette (1 yolk) and baked beans on toast 
Chicken and sweet potato
Chicken and sweet potato or brown rice
Tuna and beans mixed (sounds horrible but tastes great!)
5 egg omelette
Cassein protein shake before bed

Do you allow yourself a cheat day? If so, what is your guilty pleasure?
My biggest guilty pleasure when having a cheat day has got to be melted chocolate! I could literally sit and eat the lot in one go, most likely feeling ill after it but I just love it! (Kieran laughs)  

You are fairly new to modelling but have already done a few shoots. How did you get into it?
I actually got into it by helping out at a ladies night charity event back in Cumbria. Me and a couple of the guys from the local gym got asked to help out by being topless waiters for the evening, without picture going in the local paper. From there I was spotted by a photographer who then got in touch through Facebook and asked if I would like to do a shoot, being a little short on cash at the time I decided to go ahead and see what it was like. From there I got asked by another photographer if I would like to do a shoot and being in a little better shape by then I went ahead with that and it has just snowballed from there really.

What do you enjoy the most about modelling?
The thing I enjoy the most is that it gives me something to aim for. When I have a planned shoot I really up the intensity with my training and my dedication rises a lot too, making a lot easier to say no to those parties. Once the shoot is over and the pictures come back, the feeling you get seeing the end result gives you a sense of pride and satisfaction that all your hard work has paid off. 

What advice would you give a new model?
Seems weird me giving my advice as I'm still a noob myself (Kieran laughs again)!

You're not a total newbie and your experience is valuable and could help complete beginners avoid making important mistakes  ...
Well ... to anyone just starting I would firstly tell them to be careful. When first starting out, it’s like a clean canvas, if you mess it up, you've messed it up and it’s hard to change. What I'm trying to say is that you have to be careful who you shoot with and what you shoot, don't just jump in at the first offer of a shoot and do whatever they tell you, because once you do a shoot the pictures are there for life. The second thing I would tell them is to stick in and carry on, even when things look like they are not going anywhere. All it takes is for the right person to like your look and doors will start opening. Lastly, I would say don't get big headed. Personally, I think a lot of models get a few shoots done and a little portfolio together and they think they’re the big time, it’s not a good look and photographers hate big heads!

What do you do in your down time?
In my down time, I like to live the life of a normal student, going out and getting pissed (more laughs) I think having a social life is definitely needed as too much of one thing is no good to anyone, also being only 20 and in my second year out of three I don't want to miss too much of the Uni lifestyle while I've got it.

Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
My role models are people such as Greg Plitt and Rob Riches, mainly because these two are both natural and do a lot to help other people, like myself, to improve themselves and create a better lifestyle. Even though he is only a character, I get a lot of inspiration from the 'Rocky' films. I just love the whole underdog story and as I see myself as a slight underdog, by making something of myself it would be all the more of an achievement.

Now a few quick fun questions if you are game? Do you think you are a good date?
I was going to say 'pffft yeahh!' (Kieran laughs) but people say I'm a big head as it is (even though I'm actually not) but yeah I would hope so. I would pay for whatever we were doing, and I would make sure the girl had a good laugh, so can’t see why I wouldn't be.  

What do you listen to on your iPod?
I maybe shouldn't say this, but I'm actually a fan of one direction, I think their music is really catchy and although people call me for it their feet are always tapping when their songs come on (more laughs) apart from that I like dance music and things with a good beat behind it such as RnB and house music.   

What three words describe you best?
Laidback, outgoing, determined.

One last question Kieran, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
Hopefully by then I will have a number of sponsorships, been on several top fitness magazines, maybe own my own gym, helping others who are in my place now, travelled the world and be living in either America or Australia or somewhere hot!

Kieran, it was great to do this interview with you! Thank you for your time and for being a good sport. All the best for the future!
Thank you for my first interview, it has been fun!

Comments