Joe Palmer


Stunning Joe Palmer is an 18 year old personal trainer from Worksop, Nottinghamshire, UK.  


Justin Taylor






Joe has recently started modelling and with his amazing physique and striking looks, he is fast beginning to make his mark in both the personal training and the fitness 
modelling industry.


Pete Dixon






 Joe is a very ambitious and focussed person who is very dedicated to his training and to achieving his goals. 
He has already started his own business and has a very 
clear idea about what he wants and how to get it.


Rachael Jones





Joe says that he believes in role modelling 
and setting an example for anyone 
who wishes to improve their physique and health.


 Pete Dixon





We are very excited to welcome this magnificent 
inspirational young man at Stunning Men 
and to share his superb photos 
and his interview with you.


 Pete Dixon





We have no doubt Joe will achieve the goals he has 
set himself and wish him all the best!

Joe Palmer: New Faces Winner with Justin Tayler


Many thanks to Joe for appearing at Stunning Men 
and doing the interview with us.

Visit Joe's Facebook page and website Diamond Fitness Elite 
and follow him on Twitter!


Vital statistics:
Height: 5’7”
Weight: 147lbs
Chest: 39”
Waist: 30”
Arms: 14”
Thighs: 21”
Calves: 14”
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour: black



Here is his full interview

 
Welcome to Stunning Men Joe and thank you for taking the time to do the interview. Could we start off with talking a little about yourself and your background?
I started off playing football from a very young age and was very good at it. I got scouted for various professional clubs: Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Chesterfield, Nott’s County. However, after decisions made as a family I stayed in school and concentrated on my education gaining A-levels in Business and PE. I started gym at 16 just looking to get bigger as I was a very skinny child. I carried on playing part time semi-professional football but just gave it up this year to fully concentrate on the gym.

How did you get into modelling?
After setting up my business as a personal trainer one of my USPs was I was in great shape and I firmly believe as a personal trainer you should lead the way for clients and be an inspiration, so I did a few shots with Rachael Jones, a work colleague from my old job, these pictures got seen by a guy called Jeff who shoots videos for fitness models. He added me on Facebook and gave me some compliments on my physique and I just took it from there. That gave me the confidence to approach photographers and do more shoots at the gym I work at.

Is it something you always wanted to do?
I’ve always wanted to do it growing up; I had a set vision of doing exactly what I’m doing now! Personal training and modelling.

What do you enjoy the most about it?
The fact that all the hard work I put in at the gym and on my nutrition, the strict lifestyle I lead, the things I sacrifice all get captured in a few photos which are seen and admired by hundreds/thousands of people. That’s something that I feel very lucky and privileged to be able to do.

You seem to have lots of ambition; you are only 18 and you are a personal trainer. Do you want to tell us a bit about Diamond Fitness Elite?
If there was one word to describe me you’ve hit the nail on the head ‘ambitious’. Diamond Fitness Elite is a brand I’m building with the core values of providing absolute premium quality within the fitness industry. I’m looking to release a wide range of products from shakers to hand wraps etc and I’m currently looking to start my own clothing line through the brand with some very unique ideas on where to take the fitness apparel market. Also, football academies to help potential players get professional contracts are on the cards for late this year, a venture I may be going into with a partner.

Wow! It is amazing to see how focussed you are so young. How do you approach a challenge?
With one mind set of ‘I will overcome this’. I see the gym as a challenge every day, I keep a log of all the weights I use and for how many reps. I then get into the mind set of ‘I will beat that last set by 2 reps’ or I’m going to increase the weight and aim to do just as many reps as I did on the lighter weight. I take that attitude into life! I look at where I am today and think what I am going to do tomorrow to make myself and my career better.

I don’t want to make a big thing about your young age, sorry, but you already have a stunning physique. What kind of exercises do you do to keep in top shape? Do you do any sport?
I wouldn’t say any particular exercises keep me in top shape. I believe hugely in variety of exercises ranging from small isolation exercises to compound exercises to power exercises. They all have good benefits and together they build a winning physique. For my cardio side of things I’m a spinning instructor so that keeps my metabolism high and body fat down which is also essential for a good physique. I don’t play any sports as such at the minute however; I do try to get to martial arts classes at another centre I teach at as much as I can.

Could you talk us through your gym/training routine?
This depends massively on the time of year and what I’m leading up to. I’ll run you through what I’m doing at the minute to build up for my competition in European Miami pro fitness model competition in June. It’s an extreme 6 week mass building programme aimed to put on as much lean muscle mass as possible:

Monday: I’d do two strength sessions throughout the day and 1 spin class at night
Am: Chest and abs (I do abs in-between each chest exercise)
Chest: 37.5kg dumbbell press x 12 reps supersetted with decline push ups x 20
40kg dumbbell press x 6 reps x 2 sets reps supersetted with decline push ups x 20
22.5kg decline dumbbell press x 12 reps supersetted with 10kg decline dumbbell flies x 12 reps
Abs:    circuit involving Swiss ball crunches, side plank on the ball, swap sides, full plank on the ball all until failure.

What do you eat in a normal day?
Breakfast: Porridge oats
1-2 hours later: toast + pre workout shake
Post workout: weight gainer shake + grilled bacon sandwich
Dinner: Jacket potato with chicken and veg
1-2 hours later: weight gainer shake
Pre workout afternoon: Toast
Post workout: amino acids + cereal
Tea: typical cooked meal e.g. spaghetti bolognaise
Before bed: either another shake or toast

Do you allow yourself a cheat day?
Not usually. It depends how hard I’ve been dieting for a shoot etc as my body fat gets ridiculously low your body does need to get fat back into it to just get back into a healthy state for hormone production, cellular activity etc. Some people don’t realise when you diet down for a competition or shoot with low body fat levels you actually put yourself in similar health risks as an anorexics even though we have good amounts of muscle mass. But if I’m preparing for a comp or shoot I wouldn’t have a cheat day at all I’m too focussed on what’s coming up.

What do you do in your down time?
Chill out to music or hit the cinema. I love going and chilling in the cinema and watching a really good film that’s going to take my mind off all the pressures I have going off.

Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
Ryan Terry first and foremost, he’s from my town and won mister international 2010 and inspired me to follow in his footsteps. Even after all his success and busy lifestyle he still found time to talk to me which really made me respect him as a person not just a model.

Now a few quick fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?
Yeah definitely, there’s not been many girls I’ve dated who haven’t wanted a 2nd and 3rd date so I must be doing something right.

Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
Boxer sort of guy to be honest

What do you listen to on your iPod?
I use my phone but I love a bit of drake to chill me out and as well a new artist called the weeknd (spelt wrong on purpose) he’s really good.

What kind of movies do you like?
Anything deep that inspires me or gives me a new outlook on life, they’re the films I enjoy the most.

One last question Joe, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
In 10 years time my personal training will be taking a back seat as I’ll be managing the multi million pound Diamond Fitness Elite Corporation, probably building my own team of fitness models and personal trainers to help promote the brand.

It was great to do this interview with you Joe! Thank you for your time and for being a good sport. All the best for the future!

Comments

Unknown said…
Your given information really impressed , This content is impactful and informative.
personal Trainer
Personal trainer near me
personal trainer london