Alp Yurteri


Bart Ruzik

 

Stunning Alp is model from Cresskill, New Jersey, USA 

of Turkish decent.


 Click on the photographers' names to see more of their work








Alp is a no nonsense kinda guy and is very straight forward. What you see is what you get and he always speaks his mind, so as Alp puts it himself, what comes out its either very funny or very awkward!
 Alp says he is rarely stressed over anything because with a positive mindset, strict diet and training anything can be achieved.
 We are thrilled to feature Alp at Stunning Men and warmly thank him for accepting to give us an interview.
 As these photos plainly show, he has an awesome physique and gorgeous looks – a great combination for someone who wants to try bodybuilding competition.
Vital statistics:
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 185lbs
Waist: 31"
Chest: 43"
Eye colour: brown
Hair colour: brown
Skin colour: olive

Check Alp's brand new Facebook page! It is still being developped but it will definitely be worth following 
for tips and advice!

 Here is Alp's interview in full

 
Welcome to Stunning Men Alp and thank you for doing the interview.
Thank you for having me.

Could you tell us a little about yourself and your background?
Sure, I am 100% Turkish. Both my parents were born in Turkey and immigrated to America for graduate school, they were both enrolled in Kansas University Go JayHawks! So I was born in Kansas City where I grew up and after about 12 years my family moved to New Jersey where I lived till I went to college. I graduated from Penn State University with a Bachelors of Science in Business Management and I currently work in Connecticut for an Electrical Steel Company as an assistant accountant and help out with a lot of the business administrative projects. Fitness and modeling have really become my personal passions recently over the past two to three years. I've always been an active person playing sports for all my life so weight training came very naturally to me as an individual and an athlete. As time went on my training evolved and I started to learn more about dieting and nutrition to really help me break many plateaus I had created over the years. So I started training and practicing nutrition after high school, it's become as normal as getting dressed in the morning for me and that’s what I really wanted to help others with. Making fitness and eating healthy really a lifestyle for everyone, because many of the illnesses we have today can be drastically improved if not cured by fueling our bodies with the right things instead of with the abundant garbage that’s all around us every day.

You have a stunning physique. Have you done any bodybuilding competition?
Thank you, actually I have not yet but I'm hoping in the near future to enter an amateur show. I still feel that I have too many weak points that I have to really work on and attend to before I feel 100% confident to step on stage to show the audience my vision of absolute aesthetics

How did you get into modelling? Is it something you always wanted to do?
Well throughout my life I've always been inspired by the art of the male physique. Learning about it in my art history classes always caught my attention which was good because it seems that nothing throughout high school and college could really keep me mentally stimulated. So I've always wanted to model and help inspire people how I was once inspired and how I am everyday by my heroes and other great athletes. After starting to work in Connecticut I really wanted to pursue my lifelong goal of modelling, so I really worked hard to get noticed and slowly break into the industry. I still am "light years" from where I want to be, but every day is one baby step closer to achieving my goals in life.

Light years? A few months, maybe ... What do you enjoy the most about modelling?
The most rewarding thing to me is when people tell me how I've helped or inspired them to improve themselves mentally or physically through my modelling. Doing something for yourself is great but when you can inspire someone else to become motivated and hungry, now that is something powerful, something that can help improve the people around you that is what I truly enjoy

What is your best lift at the gym?
In terms of my upper body I'd like to think everything has grown proportionally, however my favourite lift time and time again will always be the incline press with either dumbbells or the Olympic barbell. Every time I hit the set hard regardless of weight, my chest and front delts just feel super pumped, it feels fantastic. Incline press is hands down my most loved exercise even though it isn't my heaviest lift, I believe it is the most beneficial in terms of all around upper body building.

What’s your gym/training routine like?
My training routine is always changing because I don't want my body to get too used to certain exercises. However, I do usually follow a 5-6 day split devoting each different day solely to that particular muscle group I'm training. If I feel like I have a bit of extra energy in the tank, I'll throw in another smaller muscle group that I would like to improve on.
So usually my weeks look like this
Monday - Chest (if energy left, biceps) 
Tuesday - Back (if energy left, Abs)
Wednesday - Legs, legs, legs
Thursday - Shoulders & Traps
Friday - Triceps and Cardio
Saturday - Biceps

How do you keep motivated?
This is one of the deepest questions not just for me but for everyone. Staying motivated and positive is a constant struggle for everyone in the world I'm sure. I've developed a strong will power over the years through successes and failures in and out of the gym. May it be something deep like with friends and family or something as simple as being able to get up that last rep, so time and time again I found that if I just stay positive and motivated and keep doing what I love then through that I can really achieve what I set out to do and I can walk away happy. So through my strong will power and life experiences I constantly stay hungry and motivated to keep pushing the envelope to hopefully one day achieve my goals

How do you fit bodybuilding and fitness into your life? Is it a difficult thing to achieve?
Hey, every day I have friends and family tell me that I'm completely nuts cooking my specific meals and eating at specific times and working out for 2-3 hours a day and if they were me they wouldn’t be able to keep the routine going. However, over the years everything has become so automated for me It's almost like breathing. I won't lie this life style takes 110% dedication and motivation to keep trucking and keep doing the right things but once mastered and making everyday count makes life worth living. Whenever there is a larger change in my life, like vacation, class schedule from education, or a job change I really sit down and write out how my day currently looks, then I add in what my day SHOULD look like. I've done this literally every time I have an important event in my life, and try to work my fitness lifestyle around it. Yes, there are times when something's just can't be done and this life style and something else are mutual exclusive but that’s life so adapt and move on no need to dwell on it.

What do you eat in a normal day?
A lot of people think the best way to lose weight or "get ripped brah" is not to eat but it couldn't be further from the truth. On any given day regardless of cutting or bulking I have anywhere between 6-7 meals a day. Generally my protein sources are all very clean. I stick to primarily chicken, tuna, and egg whites with the occasional steak during dinner. As for the carbs, when im bulking I'll allow for more simple carbs and when im cutting I'll switch over into more complex carbohydrates. While bulking lots and lots of pasta and when I'm cutting down I'll incorporate oatmeal, veggies, broccoli, and sweet potatoes. As for fats, while bulking I don’t really watch it too much just try to stay with foods I cook myself, but when I cut for fats I will only consume good natural fats. Almonds and avocados are solid staples in my diet as well as cooking my meats in olive oil or coconut oil.

Do you allow yourself a cheat day? If so, what is your guilty pleasure?
Absolutely!! Cheat days are essential in the greater scope of fitness and bodybuilding. They allow for few positive things, one the mental relief not needing to follow that specific diet and enjoying food! Also, it helps trick your body into not going into "survival mode" so you can clean up that last bit of mass or fat around the waist. maybe 4-5 weeks out from a shoot or event I will either completely cuff off cheat meals/days or just allow something that isn't SO greasy and heavy. Whenever I indulge on a cheat day or meal I LOVE a great pasta with thick meat sauce on top. Hands down the best cheat meal around in my opinion.

How do you approach a challenge?
I'm a pretty calculated person, so whenever I have a challenge in my way I try to break it down piece by piece. It's much easier to break something down and master or conquer smaller parts of it one at a time. Then before you know it the challenge has been met and the job has executed.

What do you do in your down time?
I'm actually a HUGE dork, I love video games. I'm sure people are raising an eyebrow right now, but I absolutely love figuring out puzzles and competing fiercely with friends and online. When I was younger, I would play chess with my grandfather. We would walk into town because their house was a bit further away and sit and play chess for hours. So I guess from a young age I've always enjoyed competing and out smarting my opponent. So when I'm not running around at work, lifting at the gym, and chowing away at my meals you can catch me either gaming or spending time with close friends and family.

Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
Absolutely, despite Arnold's recent shenanigans he will forever remain my childhood role model. When I was young I was inspired by his perfect build, I remember seeing him on magazines and thinking to myself "One day I'll be like that." So as I grew up I began to really understand who he really was. He was extremely hard working and very ambitious, and not just some strong man meat head that the media really tried to make him out to be. After reading about him and his achievements and his iron will it just made me respect him so much more. Two other role models in my life are my parents. They are the two strongest, iron willed people I know. My father started his own marble company when we moved to New Jersey and my mother supported him immediately. Before you knew it they were both managing a successful business. While they don't always approve of my bodybuilding because they cherish education they can clearly see the benefits of training and a healthy diet.

Now a few fun questions if we may? Do you think you are a good date?
Haha, I'd hope so! I usually talk a lot because I have a lot to say, I really try to relate to my guest of the evening through my life experiences. I try to make them feel as comfortable as possible so I can really get to know them on a deeper level opposed to just what's on the outside.

Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
Depends on the occasion! If it's just an average day I'll go with boxers, but if it's a night out then I'll put on a nice pair of briefs. You never know who's going to be looking when you take them off!

What do you listen to on your iPod?
I generally like all types of music and I can see why people love different genres. However for me personally, I fell in love with EDM not too long ago. Even though I am a bit lazy when it comes to uploading the newest tracks on my iPod, you can definitely find me in the gym repping out to Deadmau5, Tiesto, and Armin.

What kind of movies do you like?
I'd have to say it's a tie between comedy and action. Because I'm such a dork I love my super hero movies. Even though some of them suck and don't hold true to the comics from which they were comprised from, I always give it a go just to fulfil my curiosity. I've always loved characters that seemed larger than life and that could always make an impact on the people around them.

One last question Alp, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
Right now I have a lot of different paths that I could take which would lead me to completely different lifestyles and careers. But the one thing that is for certain, is that I will never stop training and never stop trying to inspire others to better themselves.
 
It was great to interview you Alp! Thank you for your time and for being a good sport. All the best for the future!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey Alp,

Very nice job on the interview! Great photos, and great path to follow!
Anonymous said…
let's not forget that I beat you in halo, alp