Steven Dehler


Stunning 24 year old Steven Dehler is a model who lives in sunny Los Angeles, CA. He has been modelling for about four years.

F and G Photography






Steven is very experienced and has already worked with many photographers, including the amazing Adam Bouska and Scott Hoover.

Scott Hoover





Sonny Tong


We are thrilled and proud to welcome Steven at Stunning Men and to have him as our very first featured model of 2012!

Martin Ryter



Matthew Mitchell



You can learn more about Steven and see more photos here:


Timoteo



 


Vital statistics:
Height: 6’0”
Weight: 185lbs
Waist: 31”
Chest: 38”
Eye colour: blue
Hair colour: blonde
Skin colour: tanned

Thank you to Steven and all the photographers!

Here's Steven's interview
Stunning Men – Steven, a warm welcome to Stunning Men and thank you for accepting do this interview with us.
Steven Dehler – Thank you for having me (Steven gives us his stunning smile)

SM – Could we start by talking a little about your background and childhood?
SD – Sure. I was born in Simi Valley, CA where I grew up and my family still currently lives. My family is originally from Long Island, but they moved out to California a couple years before I was born. I grew up in what some would say is the epitome of suburbia (Just picture Desperate HHH  ousewives, but with less murder).

SM – How did you come to modelling? Is this something you thought you’d do one day?
SD – Well no, I actually had really low self-esteem when I reached high school. I was very skinny and had severe acne issues. I was always the kid that wore big baggy jeans and sweatshirts, even in the hotter months, to hide the body that I was insecure about. It wasn’t until I was nineteen that I thought I could possibly get into modelling. I pretty much owe that to my best friend who I had met around then. She had been modelling since she was fourteen and was, and is, the most beautiful girl I’ve ever met. She told me I should consider modelling and I thought to myself if someone this beautiful thinks I should model, then maybe I should try it out.

SM – Could you tell us about your very first modelling assignment?
SD – As most models know, your first few photo shoots are TFP (trade for photos). Unless you’re one of the lucky ones who get discovered off the bat you usually need to build a portfolio first. My first photo shoot I did was with my best friend. She and I drove to Palm Springs to shoot with Adam Bouska, who is the photographer for the NO H8 campaign. This was long before that though. I had a lot of fun shooting with her and I shot a couple more times with Adam. One of which landed me the cover of Buzz magazine.

SM – You are already an experienced model and have worked with diverse photographers. Do you have a favourite shoot?
SD – I’ve done a lot of various degrees of photo shoots. But my most enjoyable experience would be when I shot an episode of America’s Next Top Model. It was a long day, but everyone was having a great time and it was fun being behind the scenes. It was nothing like I had done in the past. It hasn’t aired yet so be sure to check out next season to catch the episode.

SM – You have the ideal physique for fashion modelling. Do you have a preference between fashion and fitness modelling?
SD – I enjoy both. Although a week of fitness/swimwear modelling can be a bit more tiring than fashion. What most people don’t realize is that you have to really focus on controlled muscle flexing in fitness and swimwear modelling. So after 5-6+ of constant flexing for extended periods of time your body definitely gets fatigued. But those shoots also tend to not take as long.

SM – How different is it to model for one or the other?
SD – Well for fashion it’s all about being a little edgy, but maintaining focus on what you’re actually selling. You want to pull the viewers eyes onto you, but also make them want to own what you’re wearing. Fitness is more on the side of pulling the viewer onto you and making them want you/want to have your body. I’ve done more fashion than fitness modelling although some might confuse modelling underwear and swimwear more fitness than fashion. But in the end you’re still selling a product.

SM – How do you prepare before a shoot?
SD – I’ll usually hit the gym in the morning and do a brief workout in all muscle groups to pump them up. I’ll also eat a small snack. Most importantly I’ll get a good night’s rest the night before. No photographer likes bags under the eyes. The less Photoshop they have to do the better.

SM – What do you enjoy the most about modelling?
SD – I enjoy the travelling. I haven’t travelled overseas yet, but believe me that’s next on my list.

SM – The Timoteo shoot is very sexy and edgy - we can say that your physique is very suited to underwear modelling - and looking at your portfolio, you seem to like edgy work.
SD – When I first started modelling I would look at a lot of campaigns and magazines and when I would see one shot where it would make me think, “Damn I wish I had done that.” It would inspire me to try and come up with unique ideas of my own. I like working with Timoteo because we come up with some really great shots that I think not only attracts people to his clothing line, but also inspires other models and photographers to create something great. Timoteo and I have a great chemistry in our shoots. While he has a comprehensive idea in mind he also lets me do my thing and together we come up with some sexy shots. With underwear there’s only so much you can do so it’s not an easy task to come up with something that hasn’t been done before.

SM – You have done some nude shoots. How do you find being naked in front of the camera?
SD – At first I was shy about it. After a while it became more comfortable to where now it doesn’t bother me being naked in front of people. However, I still stick to my guns that I won’t be doing any full frontal and I intend on keeping it that way.

SM - Do you have any tips to get things more comfortable during a nude shoot?
SD – People are going to notice if you’re uncomfortable or not. The worst is seeing a photo of a guy who is naked and you can see that expression of nervousness and fear in his face. It’s all in the eyes – the terror. Just do what you’re comfortable with. All the photographers I’ve worked with were very respectful of my boundaries and made it very relaxed and comfortable. If you’re shooting with someone who is pushing you to do things that are making you uncomfortable, then you probably shouldn’t be working with that person.

SM – You have an amazing physique. What kind of exercises do you do to keep in top shape? Do you practice any sports?
SD – I did sports when I was younger. My main sport being soccer – I played that for about twelve years. After high school I began working out at the gym. Bulking up was a long and difficult process, but in the end I find it much more self-gratifying than taking alternate routes. Currently, I work out about 4-5 hours a week to maintain my physique.
SM – Do you have any projects or photoshoots coming up?
SD – I have a few things lined up. Most notice for castings and photo shoots, if you’re lucky, are about 24 hours advanced notice. But definitely keep your eyes peeled. I’ve got some big things in mind for 2012.

SM – Is there a photographer you haven’t worked with whom you would really like to work with and why?
SD – I love Rick Day’s work. He takes stunning shots of his models. I’ve yet to see a photo he’s taken that isn’t beautifully shot. Another photographer I want to work with is Bruce Weber who is the photographer for Abercrombie. I love his style and it’s now become somewhat a vintage look. Maybe one of these days I’ll book that campaign. We’ll see!

SM – Besides modelling, what gets your interest and what are your hobbies?
SD – Another route I was considering taking other than modeling was being a musician. I’ve played the piano for about 18 years and was considering going to college majoring in that. But in the end I decided to keep it as a hobby and I still don’t regret that decision. Every now and then I’ll get a gig playing the piano. I always try to keep up with it even though my schedule can get pretty hectic.

SM – One of your favourite quotes is by Eartha Kitt "I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma." Is this a motto you live by?
SD – Absolutely. This past year has been a huge learning experience for me and I feel that there is still plenty out there for me to learn. No experience should be left thinking it was a waste because everything you experience has something to teach you. I think what Eartha Kitt meant by that quote is that people are constantly changing and developing and that we should be open to that.

SM – What do you do to have fun and relax?
SD – A quiet night in with a funny movie and a pizza is all I need. Some good company doesn’t hurt either.

SM – Do you have any role models? People who inspire you?
SD – My best friend inspires me every day. Without her I don’t think I’d be where I’m at now and she pushes me to go even further and makes me believe that I can.

SM – If you weren’t modelling, what would you be doing?
SD – I really couldn’t say. Modelling has been a goal of mine for a long time. My plan was always to attend college, get my degree, and then pursue modelling. When I really want something I have a lot of drive in achieving it. Luckily for me, want is only part of it. The rest I can thank my parents for. It is genetics after all (Steven laughs)

SM – Do you think you are a good date?
SD – (Steven laughs) Oh you’d have to ask those I’ve gone on dates with for that one. I’d say if we’re not laughing a lot on a date, then it’s not a good date.

SM – What’s the craziest thing you’ve ever done?
SD – I haven’t done many crazy things. Ask me again in a few years.

SM – Are you a brief man or a boxer kinda guy?
SD – Well along with modelling I also go-go dance so I’m always wearing various types of underwear. And that’s about the only time I actually wear underwear. So to answer your question, neither! (Steven gives us a wink and a smile)

SM – What do you listen to on your iPod?
SD – I love pop. I love music that makes you want to dance and also pumps you up at the gym. Most people who know me know the first artist playing in my iPod is Britney Spears. I love that girl! (more laughter). Also can’t forget Beyonce. That woman knows how to work a stage.

SM – One last question Steven, where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?
SD – I’d love for modelling to lead into something bigger. Who knows, maybe there’s an acting career in my future. Or maybe I’ll be a photographer. But for right now I’m just enjoying being young and doing what I love to do.  

SM – Thank you so much for answering our questions Steven and for being such good sport. All the best with your life & your career! And a very happy new year to you and your family!



Comments