Anthony Mainella & Jason Jaskot



Anthony Mainella is a very young fitness model who I first discovered when he joined AllAmericanGuys.com last summer.







I wanted to do a feature on photographer Jason Jaskot and as it happens he has just worked with Anthony; Jason suggested Stunning Men featured his new work with Anthony.
So many thanks to Jason Jaskot for providing the photographs.










As you will see in the following interview, Anthony is such a well spoken, very likeable pleasant young man. As for the photos ... they speak for themselves - Anthony is such a stunning sexy guy with an amazing physique. He also has one of the most cheeky smiles I know!





All photographic copyrights to Jason T Jaskot


Stunning Men - Welcome to Stunning Men Who Grace This Earth Anthony and many thanks for accepting to take part in this interview.

We featured you back in July last year when you joined AllAmericanGuys.com but we are thrilled to be able to interview you and know a little more about you and see what you have been up to since then.

Could you tell us about where you grew up and what your childhood was like?  


Anthony Mainella – During my childhood I was always moving around to different places in Rhode Island and Massachusetts since my parents are divorced.  Don’t feel bad, it was for the best! (Anthony laughs!) I went to elementary and middle school in a town called Dighton in Massachusetts and then to high school in Barrington, Rhode Island. 

SM – So how did you come to modelling? 

AM – It all started a little over a year ago. I was actually just feeling confident one day and applied on the All American Guys website! (he laughs) and then 2 days later I got a phone call saying that I was going to be flown down to Florida for my first photoshoot ever, which was super exciting!

SM – And what do you enjoy most about it?

AM – I love the feeling of being in front of the camera and knowing that all the hard work you’ve put in for years (the countless hours in the gym, and consistent clean diet) is paying off.  No matter how crappy I feel on the day of a shoot, whenever I think of that I pep right up and turn my “A-Game” on.

SM – I believe you studied kinesiology. What are your plans for the future?  

AM – I studied Kinesiology while being a student at UMass Amherst for the first year and a half of my college career.  I am now studying Sports Medicine at Keiser University in Florida.  I’ve been taking online classes for their program during the past four months, and I am officially moving down there to start in class for the new semester at the end of August! I’m super excited and can’t wait to get out of the Northeast and down to Southern Florida in Fort Lauderdale!

SM – What kind of exercises do you do to keep in top shape? Do you practise any sports?  

AM – When getting into photoshoot shape the first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is an hour of cardio. I’ll then get 2 or 3 meals in and then go workout the body part for the given day.  I have a 6 day split: Monday- legs, Tuesday- shoulders, Wednesday- back and chest, Thursday- off, Friday- arms, Saturday- full body, and Sunday- Chest.  Depending on how close the shoot is and the given shape I am in, sometimes I will do an hour of cardio before bed as well.  It’s definitely tiring, but the end result makes it so worth it!

SM – What is the best advice about modelling you have ever been given? And who was that? 

AM – Nobody has ever really given me advice on modelling, it’s just something that I’ve been learning as I experience things.  However, the advice that I would give someone looking to get into fitness modelling or any type of modelling is that it takes a certain lifestyle in order to be able to reach your goals.  You have to be prepared to sacrifice things that most people wouldn’t dream of sacrificing.  These things range from partying and drinking, to eating bad food like pizza and burgers.  Only the strong-willed survive in this industry.

SM – Would you consider a career in modelling?

AM – Hmmm ... that’s an interesting question.  If the opportunity came up where I could make enough income from modelling to sustain the lifestyle I want to live then I definitely wouldn’t pass it up! But for now, I enjoy modelling as a hobby and a passion that is something fun for me.  I enjoy working and training hard in order to get the photos and end result that I ultimately want.  Seeing the end result of something you have worked hard at for months at a time is an extremely good feeling!

SM – Do you have a favourite shoot? Could you tell us about it?

AM – My favourite shoot was probably my first shoot which was in Tampa, FL, for AAG.   This is because everything was so new to me and I was so excited.  I’ll never forget that feeling of nervousness and excitement and thinking to myself “this is actually happening.”  I knew that I deserved it, but it was so hard for me to fathom that my dream was actually starting to come true.

SM – Who are your role models in life, if any?

AM – Greg Plitt.  His mindset on working out and life as always inspired me.  He is known as the number one fitness model in the world and for good reason.  He works harder than anyone in the industry and definitely deserves the fame that he has received so far in his life.  He inspires me to not only be a better fitness model and keep improving my physique but also to be a better person and to help others when need be in regards to anything whether it be advice on fitness and nutrition, or advice on life in general.  

SM – Besides studies and modelling, what gets your interest and what are your hobbies?

AM – Growing up I was always into sports and I played basketball, baseball and football.  I also love to skateboard, wakeboard, snowboard and surf, but snowboarding is my favourite and what I am best at.  In high school I would go to snowboard camp during the summer for 3 weeks at a time in Oregon at a place called High Cascade Snowboard Camp. Those were some of the greatest times of my life!  Also in high school, I got into mixed martial arts which is the fighting that you see on television and most commonly known as “UFC Fighting” to many people.  So you could say that I’m a pretty all-around kind of guy!

SM – What do you do to relax?

AM – To relax, I love watching movies whether they are at the movie theatre or at home!  My favourite types of movies are action and comedy.  Gladiator and 300 will always be my favourite action movies. I’m a huge fan of Gerard Butler and Russell Crowe.  Then, my favourite comedies are The Hangover and Superbad.  Those two never get old!

SM – Where do you see yourself and what would you like to be doing in 10 years time?

AM – In 10 years time I would like to be running my own gym and training my clients in it as well. I’ll be around 29 then, so maybe I’ll even still be modelling! Keep a look out! (Anthony laughs again!)

SM – Is there anything else we haven’t talked about that you would like to add? 

AM – I think that’s about it!  But before we end this interview I want to take a chance to thank all of you that support my work and are reading this right now.  It means so much to me.  I work so hard, and you guys motivate me to keep doing what I am doing and keep progressing the way I have been.  I love my fans and any chance I can get I love chatting with them to give advice or just to talk!  You make all of my hard work worth it, so thanks again everyone!

SM – Anthony, thank you so much for answering our questions. Do let us know of any new modelling work you do and all our best for the future!

AM – You are very welcome! I’ll most likely have a couple more shoots in the NYC area this summer because I am moving to Florida in August and there are still so many photographers in New York that I want to work with before I move!  So stay tuned for more updates! (Anthony gives us his most gorgeous smile)

Do check Anthony's facebook page and blog!
And make sure you visit Jason Jaskot blog!

Comments

B.B said…
You rock DJ!!
I loved the interview and the photos, hands down to Jason Preskot and Anthony. He's a super cute and stunning boy!
B.B said…
ooops, i mean Jason JASKOT!
DJ said…
LOL B.B!
Great to hear from you again! Yes, Anthony really rocks and Jason's work is always inspiring!
Anonymous said…
Great interview and pics! I recently returned to AAG for Josh, but stayed for guys like Anthony!
DJ said…
Thanks Kenn!
I just love Anthony to bits! He is such a nice down to earth young guy with stunning looks and gorgeous physique!
I love his lastest AAG photos too!